Saturday, July 11, 2015

Upping the ante

I started this journey because I wasn't happy with my physical self. As we all know, we are most often times the most critical of ourselves than anyone else could be. Our own "flaws" scream out to us while others may not notice or even care. Yet, we view these flaws as a reflection of ourselves and, maybe more importantly, how others see us.

In order for a person to act, it's important to be in the right frame of mind. That's why for the first 6 months of this program I only utilized the nutritional component and not the physical exercise.

I'm lazy.

There, I said it. Cognitively, I understood that by exercising I could accelerate my physical well-being. However, I preferred staying in bed or watching TV or whatever else was easy. And it wasn't due to a lack of energy; I prioritized my comfort above my fitness.

In all honesty, I may have subconsciously started Isagenix as an "easy way out" to lose weight by doing less work. Yet, somewhere along the way things changed. The results I experienced began to invigorate me into adding more to my routine. I kept thinking, "These are the results by doing minimum effort. Can you imagine if I did more?"

As a teacher it's easy for me to get out of a routine in the summer. I don't have daily work commitments or a schedule that will cause problems if I don't stick to it to a tee. I mean, who really gives a hoot if I happen to drop my kid off at day camp five minutes late? Now, during school if I'm five minutes late and a 29 freshmen are waiting for me, then that's a problem. My point is that scheduling workouts in the summer is more challenging for me and it takes a lot to adjust my thinking. Isagenix is starting to do that. I joined a fitness center. I attend classes it offers. I want to up the ante in myself. There's still a ways for me to go, but that's cool. I'm ok with that. As long as you're ok with what you're doing, what others say or do or advise is inconsequential.

No comments:

Post a Comment