Cheat days are a bunch of hocus pocus. I have no research to support this, but I'm willing to wager that any plan that includes a "cheat day" tends to be a plan with temporary results. I'd also be willing to bet the same way if an individual incorporates a cheat day in their own personal routine.
Logically, cheat days don't make sense for long term success because you grant yourself permission to submarine your own goals. The mindset of, "I can have this ice cream sundae on my cheat day," can spiral to, "I know today's not my cheat day, but I can have this and that because I'll work out twice as hard tomorrow." Depending on the person, this can easily lead to someone making themself feel guilty or bad which can lead to, "Why am I doing this? I'm not happy."
That's why I love my system. There are no cheat days, only days. Some days I enjoy two shakes. On others I might not have any. I fit the system to fit my lifestyle. For instance this summer, has my weight loss drastically slowed down? You bet your booty it has. As a teacher I don't have a strict schedule so I choose to go out to lunch with my son and sleep in (if my 1-1/2 yr old daughter getting up at 7:30 counts as sleeping in) and family BBQs and 4th of July picnics and... (well, you get the idea).
I'm not about feeling guilty or mentally punishing myself for enjoying my life and neither should you. Now, don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean that there aren't challenges to what I do. The cleansing isn't always easy and working out is intended to be tough. Like anything else in life, it's about balance.
I'm guessing if you're reading my blog (a HUGE HUGE thank you, by the way) you might be someone who is interested in getting healthier or is already on that path. That's freaking awesome. Keep it up and have fun. However you define success, put yourself in the right mindset to be successful.
My Isagenix Website
No comments:
Post a Comment